Parents Council = Think of us as being much like a PTA for ECFE. (We used to be known as the "PAC" and we used to be divided into multiple regions of the city, but as of early 2018, we are a city-wide organization.)
The Minneapolis ECFE Parents Council is a group of parents, grandparents, and other adults in ECFE. We support the ECFE programs at all of the ECFE sites in the following ways:
- We increase awareness of ECFE, so that more Minneapolis families know about ECFE.
- We raise money for the ECFE classrooms and programs. In 2015-2016 we gave over $1,200 to the classrooms, including the Teen Parenting classrooms. This money helped purchase supplies. In addition, many of the play structures in the classrooms have been purchased by the PAC in previous years.
- We advocate for ECFE in the community and the legislature. We want to make sure that our representatives at all levels know how much we value ECFE, and that they should continue to support funding for ECFE.
- We coordinate events that bring families together, like our annual Preschool Information Fair, and 2016's Author Fair where we had 14 authors, and almost 400 people attended!
- We provide feedback to ECFE Administrators on ECFE classes.